Saturday 2 March 2013

Upgrading to openSUSE 12.2 with LXDE.

I upgraded my home computer to openSUSE 12.2. I use LXDE as my desktop environment. So far, I noticed two annoying bugs, but fortunately found workarounds for both of them.

1. It is not possible to logout from LXDE properly. Or, better to say, after the logout, the X server is not restarted. You have to switch to a text console and rerun lxdm manually as root. I was not able to find a simple fix, so I switched to lightdm which does not have the problem.

2. Firefox was showing a warning each time I started it: it was not able to connect to the DBus. After some googling and hacking, I discovered a rather simple solution. Just prepend the following line to your
~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart:

    export `dbus-launch`

No comments:

Post a Comment